This lettuce wrap recipe is a great way to serve any kind of grilled meat, especially for those trying to cut down on bread. In addition to Bibb lettuce, try Romaine, red leaf lettuce or even small cabbage leaves with our fig grilled chicken lettuce wraps.
Saucy Chicken Fig Lettuce Wraps
- 1 pound thin chicken breast cutlets
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup Fig BBQ Sauce , divided
- 1 head Bibb lettuce , also called Boston lettuce or butter lettuce, washed, leaves separated
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- ½ cup canned water chestnuts , drained and roughly chopped
- ½ cup Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs , chopped
- ¼ cup peanuts , chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro , chopped
- Heat the grill to medium-high (400F degrees).
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Grill the chicken until cooked through, 3-4 minutes on each side, brushing generously with Fig BBQ Sauce. Set the chicken aside to cool, then chop it.
- Lay 8 lettuce leaves out on a large platter. Divide the red cabbage evenly among the lettuce leaves, then top with the grilled chicken, water chestnuts, chopped figs, peanuts and cilantro. Drizzle with more Fig BBQ Sauce.
- Serve immediately.