Lemon Infused Pearl Couscous with California Figs
When you need an easy couscous recipe, look no further. Lemon-infused Israeli couscous cooks with California dried figs for a delicious side dish.
Servings 6 servings
- 2 ½ cups pearl couscous
- 1/2 cup Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs stemmed and diced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For non-instant couscous, place the couscous into a large bowl. Fill a stock pot or large pasta pot 3/4 of the way with water. Bring water to a boil. Pour the couscous into the boiling water and stir. Cook for 7 to 8 minutes until the couscous is tender. Stir in the dried figs. Drain immediately. Toss the couscous with butter, lemon zest and juice, salt and pepper, just until the butter melts.
Recipe from Joanne Weir. Valley Fig Growers is a proud sponsor of Joanne Weir’s Cooking Class TV series, airing on public television stations nationwide.