Fig naan pizza is our answer to an easy snack or light lunch that takes just a few minutes to assemble if you have the ingredients in your fridge and pantry. Read on for how to assemble this fig naan pizza recipe and ideas for how to make it your own.
What Kind of Figs Should I Use?
Good question! If you go with our Sun-Maid or Orchard Choice Mission Figs, they will bring a deep sweetness and jammy flavor, perfect for pairing with a balsamic drizzle. Our Golden Figs are slightly nutty and more delicately sweet—these would be superb also with the honey drizzle mentioned in the recipe below. Either fig gives you amazing fig naan pizza… with its own personality.
Try on These Toppings in the Fig Naan Pizza Recipe
You could go simple and aim for the caramelized onions, fig, arugula, and goat cheese as noted in the recipe below—they’re all the right flavors that work so well in salad and on this flatbread-style pizza too! But you could lean in on the idea of naan and instead spread on a tikka masala sauce with peas and figs. Or, add on ribbons of prosciutto with the figs and blue cheese and caramelized onions for a bite ready to serve at happy hour. Even a ham and melty cheddar on naan with sliced figs and mustard would be a fun riff on lunch.
Mission Fig Naan Pizza with Augula + Caramelized Onions
- 1 sheet traditional naan
- 1/4 white onion , sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6-8 Orchard Choice® or Sun-Maid® California Mission Figs , halved
- Handful of arugula
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese crumbles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large pan on medium heat, add the olive oil and sliced onion.
- Stir and cover until onions are soft and translucent. Remove cover and heat on low for a few more minutes.
- Add caramelized onions, arugula, and slices of figs to the naan.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until crust is golden and crisp.
- Sprinkle with cheese and drizzle with honey.