Baked Figs with Brown Sugar and Raspberry Cream
Baked figs with brown sugar is the kind of simple dessert you can enjoy all year long drizzled with raspberry sauce. This recipe shows you how to roast figs that are dried (and available all year long).
Servings 4 people
- 12 ounces frozen red raspberries thawed
- 12 Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs halved
- 1/4 cup sweet marsala or orange juice
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar packed
- 1 tbsp butter cut up
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tbsp seedless raspberry jam
- To make raspberry sauce, whirl berries with juice in blender or food processor until smooth. Press berries through fine-meshed strainer to remove seeds. Chill sauce. Heat oven to 350° F. Place figs in single layer in bottom of 8-x4-inch loaf pan. Pour marsala over figs. Sprinkle with brown sugar and butter.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil, stir figs and return to oven for 5 minutes, until sauce is syrupy. Beat cream to soft peaks; beat in jam. Spoon raspberry sauce on bottom of 4 dessert plates. Spoon a dollop of cream in center of each plate and surround with figs. Drizzle marsala sauce over figs.
Photo: George Selland