For a simple pan sauce, after removing pork, figs and vegetables, add ½ cup water or wine to the drippings in the pan. Return the pan to medium heat and simmer, stirring to scrape up brown bits, and reduce by about half. Drizzle over pork, Figs and veggies.
Figgy Balsamic Pork with Potatoes + Gorgonzola
- 1 cup Blue Ribbon® Orchard Choice® or Sun-Maid® California Figs stemmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 boneless pork chops 4 ounces each and ¾-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided use
- 1 pound red potatoes cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion cut into 8 wedges
- ¼ cup crumbled gorgonzola or other blue cheese
- Chopped parsley
- In a bowl, combine figs with balsamic vinegar and water. Stir occasionally while preparing other ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a separate small bowl, stir together rosemary, salt and pepper. Stir in 2 tablespoons oil. Rub half of mixture onto both sides of pork chops.
- Heat a 12-inch ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Swirl in 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add chops. Cook, turning once, to brown both sides but not cook though. Remove to a plate.
- Swirl 1 tablespoon oil into pan. Add potatoes, cut side down. Cook for 2 minutes or until golden, lowering heat if needed. Remove pan from heat. Stir remaining rosemary mixture into potatoes. Add onion wedges, Place in preheated oven and roast for 20 to 25 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from oven and stir in Figs and liquid. Top with pork chops. Return to oven for 8 to10 minutes or until pork registers 145° on an instant-read thermometer.
- To serve, place pork chops on a platter or 4 plates. Top with gorgonzola. Spoon vegetables mixture alongside pork. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve warm.