California Fig and Wild Rice Chicken Salad
Rethink salad recipes for potlucks with our wild rice fig chicken salad recipe. Yogurt lightens up a whole grain salad that keeps well and transports easily.
- 1/2 cup long grain brown rice
- 1/2 cup wild rice
- 8 ounces Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs
- 3/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans toasted
- In medium saucepan, bring 2 1/4 cups water to a boil. Add brown and wild rice. Cover and reduce heat to low; cook 55 minutes until water is absorbed and rice is done. Cool. Remove stems from figs and quarter. In large bowl, combine yogurt and next six ingredients. Stir in rice, chicken, pecans and figs. Refrigerate until serving.
Photography Annelies Zijderveld