Vegetarian Chopped Salad with Dried Figs and Avocado
Servings 4 people
Vegetarian Chopped Salad
- 3 cups arugula chopped
- 3 cups Romaine lettuce chopped
- 2 cups Mann’s Power Blend Superfood Slaw®
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 red bell pepper cored, seeded and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper cored, seeded and diced
- 1 cucumber seeded and diced
- 15 ounces chickpeas rinsed and drained, 1 can
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice® or Sun-Maid® California Mission Figs stems removed
- 2 avocados diced
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds
Fig Tahini Dressing
- 2 Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice® or Sun-Maid® California Mission Figs stems removed
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 scallion chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3-6 tablespoons water to thin as necessary
- Prepare the Fig and Tahini dressing: Place all dressing ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy. Add water to thin dressing, as necessary. Pour into a jar and set aside.
- Prepare the vegetarian chopped salad: Add all ingredients (except avocado and hemp seedto a large bowl. Gently toss to combine. Pour in dressing (note, you may not need to use all the dressinand toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with hemp seeds and add in avocado.
- Dish out veggie chopped salad and enjoy!
This vegetarian chopped salad can be customized, depending on what seasonal ingredients you have on hand. Add in fresh shucked corn, roasted eggplant and zucchini, and whatever else you may have. Recipe and photos by Kate Jenkins