Warm Chocolate California Fig Cakes
We like this warm chocolate cake recipe for celebrations and think you'll agree. Warm chocolate cake is how to finish up a fantastic dinner.
- 1 cup Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs chopped
- 2 tbsp hazelnuts or pecans, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 large eggs
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter eight 3/4 cup custard cups or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Place cups on baking sheet. Sprinkle figs and nuts in bottom of cups, dividing evenly. Heat butter, chocolate chips and unsweetened chocolate in small saucepan over low heat or in microwave until smoothly melted; set aside to cool slightly. Beat eggs, egg yolks and sugar on high speed of electric mixer until mixture is very thick, like meringue, about 3 minutes. Fold in chocolate mixture, gently but thoroughly. Fold in flour. Spoon batter into prepared dishes, filling almost full. Bake in center of oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until puffed and set around edges. Cool 5 minutes. Run knife around edge of dish and invert cake onto serving plate. Serve immediately. Delicious with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.