The best thing about quick breads is how they live up to their name: with two bowls and two loaf pans, you can have freshly baked bread in less than an hour. Our favorites include figgy banana bread and nut bread with dried figs, and this zucchini bread with pineapple and dried figs! If you know how to make zucchini bread and plan ahead, this is an easy weeknight bake. Zucchini and pineapple make this quick bread moist (and a great way to use extra zucchini when it’s plentiful in the market or in your backyard garden). Our flavorful Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice and Sun-Maid California Mission Dried Figs team up with crushed pineapple and fresh zucchini for a bread you can slice and warm on busy mornings or as an easy afternoon snack-on-the-go. We like a shmear of salted butter on slices of zucchini bread with pineapple but you could top them with Greek yogurt too.
Zucchini Bread with Pineapple & Dried Figs
- 3 eggs large, at room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup zucchini shredded
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs
- Preheat the oven to 350F and lightly grease two 8”x4” loafs pans with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk to combine the eggs, sugar, and oil. Add the zucchini, pineapple, and vanilla and stir to combine well. Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt, and stir to combine. Add 1 cup of the figs and fold to combine.
- Divide the batter between the two pans and sprinkle the remaining figs on top of the batter, if desired. Bake in the preheated oven for about 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly prior to serving.