When buying Brussels sprouts, choose those with small, tight heads, no more than 1 1/2 inches in diameter, for the best flavor.
Braised Brussels Sprouts Recipe with Figs, Bacon & Pecans
This is the best Brussels sprout recipe with bacon! Perfect for the holidays or winter weeknights, this Fig Bacon Braised Brussels Sprouts recipe gets greens on the table everyone will want to eat.
- 8 slices bacon chopped
- 2 large shallots chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved through stem ends
- 1 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs stemmed and quartered
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 4 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup pecans toasted and chopped
- Fry bacon in skillet over medium heat until crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to paper-towel-lined plate. Pour off excess grease but do not wipe skillet clean.
- Cook shallots in now empty skillet over medium heat until soft, about 10 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Toss Brussels sprouts with shallots and garlic, add broth and figs. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook, tossing once or twice, until paring knife can be inserted into sprouts without resistance, 13 to 18 minutes.
- Stir in thyme, vinegar, butter, reserved bacon, and salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to serving bowl. Sprinkle pecans on top. Serve immediately.
Valley Fig Growers is a proud sponsor of Cook’s Country TV.