California Fig-Cranberry Sauce with Oranges and Port
Cook a cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving with pizzazz. Our orange cranberry sauce, studded with dried mission figs is the right companion to serve with turkey.
Servings 11 servings
- 2 cups cranberries fresh or frozen
- 1 cup Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs chopped, stems removed
- 1 1/2 cup ruby Port or orange juice
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp orange zest finely grated
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup fresh orange sections drained and cut into bite-size pieces
- Combine all ingredients except orange sections in large saucepan. Bring to a full boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat and simmer for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until berries burst. (Sauce thickens when chilled.) Cool. Transfer to bowl, cover and chill. Stir in orange sections. Sauce can be prepared up to 1 week ahead. Stir in oranges the day sauce will be served.
*Or canned, drained mandarin oranges