This refreshing salad is excellent served over a bed of greens with Whole-Wheat Pita Chips
Greek-Style Chickpea Fig Chicken Salad
Switch up your chicken salad and go Greek! Greek-Style Chicken, Fig & Chickpea Salad is great served on greens or in a sandwich.
Servings 8 servings
- 2 cans chickpeas (15 ounce) rinsed
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/2 cups Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs stemmed and chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 small red onion minced
- 1/2 large cucumber peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded and chopped small
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese about 1 ounce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced pitted kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 avocado halved, pitted, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Toss the chickpeas, chicken, figs, onion, cucumber, mint, feta, and parsley together in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk the lemon juice, olives, mustard, oil and garlic together, then pour over the chickpea mixture and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with avocado and serve.
Valley Fig Growers is a proud sponsor of Cook’s Country TV.