This Fig Streusel & Pear Baked Oatmeal Recipe is the best baked oatmeal. Make breakfast for the week that just needs to be heated up.
California Fig Oatmeal Bake with Streusel & Caramelized Pear Topping
Servings 8 people
For Baked Oatmeal
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs cut into fourths
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups nut milk unsweeted, may substitute soy or skim
- 1/2 cup Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice Organic Mission California Fig Spread
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For Streusel Topping & Caramelized Pears
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup vegan buttery spread softened, may substitute butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 bosc pears sliced thinly
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine oats, figs, cashews, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate medium sized bowl, whisk together nut milk, fig spread, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients, and mix well.
- Grease a 9×9 baking pan, and pour fig and oat mixture into the pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the oats are baking, make streusel topping. Combine coconut sugar, flour, buttery spread, cinnamon and water in a bowl until crumbly.
- After the oats have baked for 20 minutes, take the pan out and top with streusel topping. Put back in the oven and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- While the oats are baking, heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add in your coconut oil. Once hot, add pears to the skillet and sprinkle with cinnamon. Cook on each side for 2-3 minutes.
- When the fig oatmeal bake is finished cooking, let it cool for 10 minutes. Then top it with caramelized pears, additional figs and eat up!
Recipe and photo created for Valley Fig Growers by Haley Hunt Davis of Brewing Happiness.