You can use goat cheese instead of the Gorgonzola.
Fig Walnut Gorgonzola Grilled Cheese for a Crowd
Feed your people easily with figgy grilled cheese for a crowd. Cook’s Country shares the ultimate party food and how to make grilled cheese for a crowd.
Servings 8 sandwiches
- 10 ounces Gorgonzola cheese crumbled
- 1 1/3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 16 slices hearty wheat or multi-grain bread
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs stemmed and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- Preheat baking sheets. Adjust oven racks to middle and lower-middle positions. Place 1 baking sheet on each rack and heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Assemble sandwiches. Combine cheeses in bowl. Brush one side of each slice of bread with melted butter. Flip 8 slices over and spread each slice with 1 tablespoon honey. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese mixture and 1 tablespoon walnuts. Evenly distribute figs slices over walnuts and sprinkle with another ¼ cup cheese mixture. Cover with remaining bread slices, buttered side up, and press down gently.
- Bake sandwiches. Remove hot baking sheets from oven and place on cooling rack. Arrange sandwiches on 1 sheet. Return to middle rack of oven, and carefully place second sheet over sandwiches, rim side up. Bake sandwiches until golden, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove top baking sheet and transfer sheet with sandwiches to cooling rack. Serve.
Recipe provided by Cook’s Country TV. Valley Fig Growers is a proud sponsor of Cook’s Country TV.