Chicken Cutlet Recipe and Fig Olive Tapenade
Fig olive tapenade, spooned over this chicken cutlet recipe brings a bit of savory punch to plain Jane chicken. Here's the best way to saute chicken breast.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 cup Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs stems removed, sliced (lengthwise)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives quartered, pitted
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Season chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning once, until browned. Remove chicken to plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add 1 tablespoon oil, onion and garlic to skillet; stir and cook until onion browns and begins to soften. Stir in figs, broth, balsamic vinegar and rosemary; simmer 1 minute. Stir in olives and capers. Push tapenade to side of skillet and return chicken and juices to pan.
- Simmer gently until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken to warm serving platter. Stir in parsley and pine nuts. Spoon tapenade over chicken.
Photography George Selland