Season pork tenderloin, butternut squash and cauliflower with a fragrant curry spice mix; while they roast, simmer figs in a lemon-honey glaze to stir into the cooked vegetables and brush on the pork. For a heartier meal, roast potato wedges, tossed with garlic-oil, salt and pepper on a separate sheet in the oven at the same time.
Curry-Roasted Pork Tenderloin with California Figs and Vegetables
Curry Spice Mix, Pork & Vegetables:
- 3 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Seasoned Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground or cracked black pepper*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cracked coriander seed*
- 1 pound peeled cubed (3/4-incbutternut squash
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil plus 1 teaspoon, divided use
- 7 teaspoons Spice Mix above, divided use
- 1 pound cauliflower florets 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pork tenderloin 1 pound, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 green onions thinly sliced (use white part for glaze and green for Garnish)
- 1 cup Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs stemmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon Spice Mix above
- Garnish with thinly sliced green onion green part
- Adjust oven rack to middle position. Preheat oven to 425°Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. If using foil, spray or brush with oil.
- In small bowl, combine ingredients for Spice Mix.
- In medium bowl, combine squash, 2 teaspoons Spice Mix and 1 tablespoon oil. Spread in a single layer on baking sheet. Repeat with cauliflower (2 teaspoons spice mix and 1 tablespoon oil.) and spread on baking sheet. Rub 1 teaspoon oil on pork. Pat 1 tablespoon Spice Mix onto all sides of pork. Place on one side of baking sheet.
- Place sheet in middle of oven and roast for 20 to 30 minutes or until pork is 145°F for medium and vegetables are tender. Meanwhile, make glaze: In small saucepan, warm oil and white part of green onion over low heat until sizzling. Stir in figs, lemon juice, honey, water and remaining Spice Mix. Bring to a gentle simmer; cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat and reserve. Remove figs from glaze with slotted spoon and scatter over vegetables. Brush glaze on pork, figs and vegetables.
- To serve, cut pork into thin slices and serve with figs and vegetables. Garnish with green onion.