Chocolate Bread Pudding with Figs
You can never have too many bread pudding recipes, can you? You'll love this Fig Chocolate Bread Pudding with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Servings 6 servings
- 4 cups white bread firm, 3/4" cubes
- 1 cup Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs stems removed, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chocolate morsels or coarsely chopped chocolate
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 eggs large
- 1.4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tbsp butter 1
- 1 egg large, beaten
- 1/4 cup dark rum or brandy
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 1 1/2-quart baking dish. Combine bread cubes, figs and chocolate in baking dish. Heat milk and butter until butter is melted (do not boil). Combine eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt; blend well. Add hot milk mixture to egg mixture, stirring constantly. Pour over bread and fig mixture. Let stand 5 minutes. Bake uncovered for 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. If desired, baked pudding can be made several days ahead.
- Cover and refrigerate. Reheat in 325 degree oven for 15 minutes. Prepare Spirited Sauce. Serve warm over bread pudding.
- In saucepan, combine all sauce ingredients. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes.