Try not to crush the graham crackers into crumbs, but rather break them into large pieces. Peanuts can be substituted for the almonds.
No Bake Rocky Road Bars with California Figs
Edible gifts like our rocky road chocolate bar recipe are perfect for holidays. California dried figs add chewiness to this no-bake rocky road chocolate bar.
Servings 16 servings
- 6 graham crackers whole, broken into 1" pieces
- 2 1/2 cups mini marshmallows lightly packed
- 1 cup Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs stemmed and chopped into 1/4" pieces
- 1 cup almonds whole with skin, toasted and chopped coarse
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate chopped coarse
- 2 tbsp light corn syrup
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with a foil sling and grease the foil. Toss the graham cracker pieces, 1 cup of the marshmallows, figs, and the almonds together in a large bowl and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Add the remaining 1 ½ cups marshmallows and cook, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth, about 2 minutes. Stir in the chocolate and corn syrup and continue to cook, stirring constantly, until incorporated, about 30 seconds.
- Working quickly, pour the chocolate mixture over the graham cracker mixture and fold gently until evenly coated. Scrape the mixture into the prepared baking pan and press evenly into the pan with a greased spatula. Refrigerate the bars until firm, about 2 hours. Remove the bars from the pan using the foil sling, cut into squares, and serve.
To Make Ahead: The bars can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days. Recipe provided by Cook’s Country TV. Valley Fig Growers is a proud sponsor of Cook’s Country TV.