Chocolate California Fig Crinkles
Not only chocolate lovers will enjoy our California Fig Chocolate Crinkles. When it's time to bake, this will be your go-to chocolate crinkles recipe.
Servings 30 cookies
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate melted
- 2 eggs large
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs stemmed, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup confectioner's sugar
- Beat brown sugar and butter with electric mixer on medium speed until blended. Beat in melted chocolate. Beat in eggs, one at a time, and vanilla.
- In medium bowl, stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. On low speed, slowly beat into chocolate mixture. Stir in figs. Cover bowl and chill 3 hours.
- To bake, adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350°. Form 1-tablespoon portions of dough into balls. Roll in confectioners’ sugar. Place balls, 2 1/2-inches apart, on greased baking sheet. Place sheet in center of oven and bake cookies 7 to 9 minutes, until crackled on top set around edges. Cool on wire rack.
Photo: David Campbell