Chunky Chocolate Cookies with Figs
You'll fall hard for this chunky chocolate cookie recipe. Chunky chocolate cookies with dried figs are an unexpected treat in cookie tins.
Servings 48 cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 3/4 cups light brown sugar packed
- 3 eggs large
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs stems trimmed, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups walnuts coarsely chopped
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. In large mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Stir in flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add figs, walnuts and chocolate and stir just until blended. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls at least 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake one sheet at a time 13 to 15 minutes or until cookie edges are golden. Cool slightly on sheet before removing to a wire rack.
Marie Simmons, award-winning cookbook author and fig lover, created this delicious recipe for her new cookbook, Fig Heaven Photo David Campbell