Escarole Salad with California Dried Figs, Walnuts and Shaved Manchego
You can always count on Joanne Weir recipes to be full of fresh flavors. She's done it again with this California Fig and Manchego escarole salad.
Servings 6 servings
- 1 small head escarole torn into 1 1/2 pieces
- 2 Belgian endive leaves separated
- 2 celery stalks cut on a sharp diagonal into thin slices
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon almond walnut or hazelnut oil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 10 Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts coarsely chopped
- 3 ounce chunk aged Manchego cheese
- In a bowl, toss together the escarole, endive, and celery. Place in the refrigerator.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, nut oil and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, toss the escarole, endive, and celery with the dressing, sliced dried figs and walnuts. Place in a salad bowl and using a cheese shaver or vegetable peeler, shave Manchego cheese onto the top of the salad.
Recipe courtesy of Joanne Weir.