Glazed fruit bars, made with healthy walnuts, oats, and Calimyrna figs
Fabulous California Fig Bars
On mornings you need breakfast on the go, reach for one of these Fig Bars. Made with California Dried Figs, this fig bar recipe is made for weekly meal prep.
Servings 36 bars
- 16 ounces Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs stems trimmed and figs coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup rum or orange juice
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 egg large
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups old fashioned oats
- Heat oven to 350º F. Coat 13 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Combine figs, walnuts, sugar, rum and hot water; set aside. Beat together butter and sugar until creamy. Add egg and mix until smooth. Stir in flour and baking soda; blend in oats to make a soft dough. Reserve 1 cup dough. With floured fingertips, press thin layer of remaining dough in bottom of prepared pan. Firmly pat fig mixture over dough. Drop reserved dough by teaspoonfuls over top, allowing fig mixture to show between drops. Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan. Drizzle with rum glaze*.
*Rum Glaze: Stir together 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 3-4 teaspoons rum or orange juice until smooth.