These California Fig oatmeal energy balls are the perfect healthy snack! Made with only a few ingredients like our juicy Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid Mission Figs, whole grain oats, and peanut butter, this energy bite recipe is tasty and easy to make. These balls are great for pre-workout, a healthy afternoon treat, or just anytime you’re craving a little something sweet!
Check out the substitutions below the recipe to find other ideas to make this oatmeal energy ball recipe your own. (We think some cacao nibs might be amazing added in!)
Fig Oatmeal Energy Balls
- 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Dried Figs stemmed
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut shreds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a food processor, pulse oats until finely processed and a flour like consistency.
- Add California Figs, peanut butter, coconut shreds, and cinnamon. Pulse until batter begins to come together pulling from the sides of the food processor.
- Roll dough into 1 tablespoon size bites. Lay bites on a parchment paper lined sheet and cool in the fridge for one hour so the bites can firm up.
- After oatmeal energy balls have firmed up, transfer to an airtight container in the refrigerator. Store for up to one week in the refrigerator.
You can sub old-fashioned oatmeal with quick cook oatmeal. You can’t use steel cut oatmeal. Recipe and photos by Elizabeth Falcigno