Four Seasons Fruit & California Fig Salad
Most fruit salad recipes depend on the season but that's what makes this Four Season Fig Salad a winner. It's a salad with dried figs you can make all year.
Servings 5 servings
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice strained
- 1 cup Orchard Choice or Sun Maid California Figs halved, stemmed
- 4 cups mixed fresh fruit chunks 1-inch*
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- Combine sugar, water and salt in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes, until reduced to 1/3 cup. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice. Place figs in heatproof bowl. Pour warm syrup over figs. Refrigerate until cold. To serve, in salad bowl combine figs and syrup with other fruits and ginger. Toss gently. Serve promptly or cover and chill for up to 3 hours. Makes 4 to 5 servings (about 5 cups).
*Select a variety of seasonal fresh fruits with different colors and textures such as: Winter: orange, grapefruit or tangerine sections, red grapes or red apple, kiwi, mango or papaya, melon, pineapple, Asian or other pear, banana Spring: pineapple, strawberries, raspberries or cherries, apricots, kiwi, grapes Summer: blueberries or blackberries, watermelon, peaches or nectarines, red or black plums, pears Fall: pineapple, apples, pears, melon, grapes, bananas, mango or papaya