Fudgy Fig No-Bake Brownie Bites Recipe from Scratch
No-bake this brownie bites recipe from scratch for chill and slice decadence. Chocolate lovers devour fudgy no-bake little bites brownies with dried figs.
Servings 16 brownies
- 9 ounces chocolate wafers Famous® Chocolate Wafers
- 1 cup Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs stemmed, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped, toasted
- 3 tbsp confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels or semisweet morsels
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp instant coffee optional
- 1/2 cup figs or toasted nuts, finely chopped
- Line 24 mini muffin pan cups with decorative paper or foil liners (or line an 8-inch square baking pan with foil or plastic wrap, extending up sides); set aside.
- Whirl wafers in food processor (or place in sealable plastic bag and crush with rolling pin) to make fine crumbs. Place in large bowl. Stir in figs, nuts, confectioners’ sugar and salt.
- Pour half and half into microwave-safe bowl and heat on 100% power in microwave oven for 30 seconds or until boiling. (Or bring half and half to a boil in small saucepan over medium-high heat). Add chocolate morsels and set aside for 1 minute to soften. Stir until chocolate melts.
- Stir in vanilla and coffee granules. Pour over fig mixture and stir until blended. While warm, spoon brownie mixture into lined muffin cups or baking pan and press with back of oiled spoon to an even layer.
- Sprinkle with topping. Chill 2 hours or until set.
- If using a square pan, cut into 24 brownies. Store in the refrigerator.
Photo David Campbell