This Goat Cheese Pizza with Figs and Chicken is packed with the perfect combination of sweet + savory ingredients. Goat cheese and melty mozzarella wrap around warm sweet figs and juicy chicken to create a meal or appetizer that is both hearty and delicious! This pizza is great for serving as a snack with friends, or for a fun date night in. *Note: It is best to allow pizza dough to rest at room temperature prior to stretching for best results.
Goat Cheese Pizza with Figs & Chicken
- 1 pound fresh pizza dough*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1/2 cup onions
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Mission Figs halved
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup goat cheese crumbles
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1/4 cup balsamic glaze
- Preheat oven to 450While oven is coming to temperature, bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add the chicken into the boiling water. Cook for 10-12 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, heat a small saucepan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Saute the onions for 5-7 minutes, until translucent.
- While the onions and chicken cook, stretch and roll the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface into a 15-inch circle. Once rolled into a circle, place the pizza on a greased pizza pan. Gently roll the edges of the dough in towards the center to form a crust. Pour the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil on pizza dough, and brush to cover the surface of the pizza.
- Remove the onions and cooked chicken from heat. Shred the chicken by pulling apart with two forks. Add the onions, shredded chicken, California Figs and pepper to the top of the pizza. Top with goat cheese and mozzarella.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the crust is golden brown and cheese has melted.
- When the pizza is removed from the oven, top with arugula and balsamic glaze.