Bars can be refrigerated for up to 1 week or frozen up to 1 month.
Homemade California Fig Energy Bars
Instead of buying fig and nut bars or date and nut bars at the store, make this energy bar recipe. These dried fig energy bars are so easy!
Servings 9 bars
- 1 cup Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs stemmed and chopped into 1/4" pieces
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup whole raw almonds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Line 9-inch square baking dish with parchment paper, leaving excess hanging over the sides to make a sling.
- Process all ingredients in food processor until finely ground, about 2 minutes. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish spread into even layer, pressing down using offset spatula or hand to firmly compress. Transfer to refrigerator and chill until mixture is firm, about 20 minutes.
- Lift parchment sling out of baking dish and place on cutting board. Using sharp knife, cut into 9 bars.
Valley Fig Growers is a proud sponsor of Cook’s Country TV.