Pita Crisps with Apple, Ginger and California Fig Salsa
Pita crisps with apple fig salsa are our kind of healthy snack. This pita crisp recipe is ready in less than 10 minutes–kids and parents like this snack.
Servings 6 people
- 3 pita bread 8" diameter
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 18 Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs chopped
- 2 apples tart, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger freshly grated
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp apple juice
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat an oven to 375 F. Tear each loaf of pita into 2 separate rounds. Cut each round into 8 wedges. Place the pita on a baking sheet. Drizzle with the 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, sprinkle with salt and toss together. Bake in the oven, tossing occasionally, until crisp, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool on the baking sheet.
- In a bowl, stir together the dried figs, apples, ginger, cinnamon, apple juice, lemon juice and the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. To serve, place the salsa in a small bowl and place in the center of a larger platter. Surround with the pita crisps. Serve.
Recipe from Joanne Weir. Valley Fig Growers is a proud sponsor of Joanne Weir’s Cooking Class TV series, airing on public television stations nationwide.