Looking for a new twist on honey mustard? Orchard Choice California Fig spread, is oh-so-sweet and strong. It stands up to and showcases the powerful flavors of hearty mustard, dense vinegar and the sweet acidity of oranges. This is a versatile, thick dressing that will keep in refrigerator, in a covered container for up to 4 days. Try it on an arugula and romaine salad. Spread it on a sandwich with roasted turkey and freshly sliced ripe pears. It’s delicious with goat cheese or an aged sheep’s cheese on a cheese tray or served alongside a fancy veal chop, seared duck breast or grilled salmon.
California Fig and Mustard Vinaigrette
- ½ cup Orchard Choice California Orange Fig Spread
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- Juice and zest of one large orange
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅔ cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a medium bowl, whisk the Orchard Choice California Orange Fig Spread, vinegar, mustard, orange juice and zest, salt and pepper. While whisking vigorously, drizzle the oil in a steady stream until fully incorporated and smooth.