Pork Tenderloin Medallions Recipe With Honey-Glazed Figs + Apples
This pork tenderloin medallions recipe is a main dish that makes a dinner party inviting and includes how to make honey glaze with figs and apples.
Prep Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 2 tart green apples
- 1 cup Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- Thyme Seasoning recipe follows
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white wine or water
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Parsley or fresh thyme for garnish
- Peel and core apples; cut each into 16 wedges. Halve figs. Cut tenderloin into 3⁄4 inch thick slices; rub with Thyme Seasoning. Heat oil over medium-high heat; add pork and cook 2 minutes on each side. Reduce heat and cook until firm, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove and keep warm. Stir apples, figs and wine into pan. Simmer until liquid evaporates, about 8 minutes. Add honey; stir until apples are tender and glazed, about 2 minutes. Pour fig mixture over pork and garnish with parsley or thyme.
- Thyme Seasoning: Stir together 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 1 tablespoon onion powder, 1 3/4 teaspoons thyme leaves, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon ground black pepper.
Photography George Selland