Dinner in 30 minutes is a cinch when you start with sausages. Served with quick California Fig chutney, the crispy smashed potatoes and sausages makes a hearty meal great with sautéed cabbage.
Sausages with Crispy Smashed Potatoes and Quick Fig Chutney
Dinner in a dash starts with quick fig chutney. Served alongside sauteed sausage and crispy smashed potatoes, this will become your last minute go-to meal.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 cup Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Mission Figs stemmed and chopped
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1 cup Fig BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 pound small yellow or white potatoes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 large Italian sausages uncooked
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Make the Quick Fig Chutney: Combine the California Figs, onion, fig barbecue sauce, and fennel seeds in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Turn off the flame.
- Put the potatoes and salt in a large saucepan and cover with 2 inches of water. Bring to a boil. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until fork-tender. Drain. Smash each potato on a cutting board with the base of the saucepan to flatten them into a ragged flat disk. Line them up along one side of the baking sheet, arranging the sausages on the other side. Drizzle the potatoes with the olive oil. Add a dash of salt and pepper.
- Cook the sausages and potatoes for about 30 minutes, turning the potatoes halfway so each side crisps and browns. Serve immediately with the Quick California Fig Chutney on the side.