Turkey Cutlets With Citrus-California Fig Sauce
Servings 4 servings
- 1 pound fresh turkey breast slices or cutlets*
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive or vegetable oil divided use
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs stemmed and halved or quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1 cup orange sections 2 large oranges, peel and all membrane removed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Season turkey slices on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add turkey; cook 2 to 4 minutes on each side, till browned and cooked through. Remove from heat to warm serving platter. Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in same skillet over medium heat. Add onion; stir about 1 minute to soften. Add figs, 1/3 cup water and zest; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes, until liquid evaporates. Remove from heat; stir in orange sections, ginger, parsley, lime juice and honey. Serve over turkey.
*If turkey breast slices (cutlets) are not available, substitute with chicken breast cutlets.