California Fig & Toasted Nut Roll
For your next charcuterie plate and cheese board, make an almond roll. Sticky sweet California dried figs and nuts make this fig nut roll resemble membrillo
- 14 ounces Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid Mission California Figs
- 2 tsp lemon zest finely grated, can substitute with orange zest
- 2/3 cup whole almonds blanched – can also substiture with roasted mixed nuts without peanuts
- Remove and discard fig stems. Cut figs into quarters. Place in bowl of food processor with lemon or orange zest and process until figs are finely chopped and form a paste, stopping to scrape bowl once or twice as needed.
- Turn fig mixture out of bowl onto a piece of parchment paper. If nuts are large, cut into halves or quarters. Knead nuts into fig mixture, distributing evenly and covering nuts completely with fig mixture. Form mixture into a compact 8-inch long log. Wrap parchment paper around log, folding in ends to seal. Place in a plastic bag and seal bag. Chill for 12 to 24 hours.
- To serve, unwrap and cut with sharp knife into thin (about ¼-inch) slices. Serve with cheese. Makes 28 to 30 servings.