Fruit Salsa with California Figs, Pineapple and Mango
Grilled meat loves fruit salsa! Mission Fig Fruit Salsa for Salmon adds fresh flavor to grilled fish. Or, try this Dried Fig Fruit Salsa for Chicken.
Servings 3 cups
- 1 1/2 cups red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs stems removed
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple diced
- 1/2 cup mango or peach or nectarine, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro or parsley, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin optional
- 1/2 cup pine nuts or chopped almonds, toasted
- Combine all ingredients except nuts in medium bowl. Cover and chill for about 1 hour. Stir in nuts just before serving with grilled chicken or turkey.