California Mission Figs Stuffed with Spanish Blue Cheese
Blue cheese stuffed fig appetizers are a classic. You could always serve them as a starter or eat blue cheese stuffed figs at dessert with a glass of port.
Servings 12 servings
- 12 Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid Mission California Figs
- 3 ounces Cabrales cheese can also use Picón or Valdeón cheese
- 1/4 cup chocolate nibs
- With a scissors cut the stem end and about 1/4 inch from the top of each fig. Press the tip of a spoon into the opening to make an indentation for the cheese in the soft center of the fig.
- Press a rounded teaspoon of cheese into the center of each fig.
- Press a generous pinch of cocoa nibs into the cheese
- Enjoy with a glass of Olorosso sherry.
Recipe source: Marie Simmons—author fig heaven