In the collection of our favorite quick breads, right alongside banana bread and a nut bread, is this easy zucchini bread! It’s a great way to use extra zucchini if your backyard garden gives you a bumper crop or when zucchini is plentiful during the summer. This zucchini pineapple bread with figs is a moist, sweet loaf filled with fresh zucchini, crushed pineapple, and flavorful Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice and Sun-Maid California Mission Dried Figs. The zucchini pineapple bread loaves are spiced with cinnamon and taste delicious warmed with a schmear of salted butter. Try this bread as a morning breakfast option or later on in the day as a snack or dessert!
Zucchini Bread with Pineapple & Dried Figs
- 3 eggs large, at room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup zucchini shredded
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs
- Preheat the oven to 350F and lightly grease two 8”x4” loafs pans with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk to combine the eggs, sugar, and oil. Add the zucchini, pineapple, and vanilla and stir to combine well. Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt, and stir to combine. Add 1 cup of the figs and fold to combine.
- Divide the batter between the two pans and sprinkle the remaining figs on top of the batter, if desired. Bake in the preheated oven for about 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly prior to serving.