When the warm weather starts including a slight nip in the air, reach for a fig bourbon spritzer to warm you up from the inside out. This drink mixes bourbon, the fig shrub and fresh grapefruit juice to create a refreshing cocktail. Enjoy our perfect Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Fig cocktail while grilling up some meat and veggies at your next backyard barbecue.
Fig Bourbon Spritzer
- 1 3/4 fl oz bourbon
- 1/4 fl oz fresh grapefruit juice
- 12 fl oz balsamic fig shrub
- soda water
- grapefruit peel for garnish
- rosemary sprig for garnish
- Fill a highball glass ¾ of the way with ice cubes. Place bourbon, grapefruit juice, and fig shrub into a cocktail shaker with a handful of ice cubes. Shake for 10 seconds and strain into the glass. Top with soda water.
- To make the garnish, slice a round of grapefruit peel. Using a small sharp knife, score the center of the peel. Thread the rosemary sprig through the center cut. Add garnish to the top of the cocktail.