Official Rules & Regulations for any Valley Fig Growers Sponsored Photo Contest, exclusively for Mediavine Chicago Conference 2019 attendees
You are a valued consumer with Valley Fig Growers (@valleyfig). Please take a moment to read the terms and conditions of our current promotions and giveaways.
Official Rules for the July 1-31 2019 #VFGDessertBoard Valley Fig Growers Dessert Board Bake-Along Photo Contest
No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
- Eligibility: The Photo Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least eighteen (18) years old. Employees of Valley Fig Growers (“Sponsor”), as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees, are not eligible to enter.
- Entry Period: The Photo Contest begins at 12:01 a.m. PST on July 01, 2019 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on July 31, 2019 (“Entry Period”). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Photo Contest.
- How to Enter: You may enter on the following platform:
- Send an email requesting Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs be shipped to you for your recipe.
- Select 1 of the 3 recipes to make and include on your Dessert Board: Figcolates, Lime Coconut Fig Bars, Figgy Chocolate Fudge Sauce.
- Post a photo of your styled Dessert Board featuring our California Figs and the selected recipe on Instagram, tagging @valleyfig and #VFigDessertBoard during 07/01-07/31.
- We will pick our favorite Dessert Board and contact the blogger through PM on Instagram. They will have 48 hours to reply and claim their prize, otherwise we will need to find a new winner.
- Once prize is confirmed with winner, we will announce our winner and coordinate travel arrangements with the winner.
Rights to Entries: By entering, you
irrevocably grant Sponsor, its agents, licensees, and assigns the
unconditional and perpetual (non-exclusive) right and permission to
reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast,
display, publicly perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works of,
exhibit, and otherwise use your entry as-is or as-edited (with or without
using your name) in any media throughout the world for any purpose,
without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or
approval from you or any other party.
- Winner Decision: On June 31st, 2019 Host will select one winner. The odds of being selected are based on merit. Sponsor will select their favorite Dessert Board and contact the potential winner by private message on Instagram. Potential winner has 48 hours to confirm their winnings, otherwise, a new winner will be selected. Once potential winner confirms winnings, they will be announced by email sent to entrants..
- Potential Winner Requirements: Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return a declaration of eligibility and liability/publicity release. If a potential winner fails to sign and return these documents within the required time period or, fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question, and time permits, an alternate potential winner may be selected in his/her place based on merit from all remaining entries received.
- Prize(s): The Winners will receive one (1) airplane ticket for the confirmed winner during dates established between winner and Sponsor. The prize also includes hotel for 2 nights, inclusion in the Seattle Food Blogger Fig Luncheon, 1 ticket to the America’s Test Kitchen Seattle Food + Wine Festival and $250 stipend. Winner is responsible for paying any applicable income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred prior to award and must be accepted as awarded. A winner may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Photo Contest is impaired in any way, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Photo Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Photo Contest; or (b) award the prizes based on merit and selection from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and seek damages from any individual who tampers with the operation of the Photo Contest, violates these Official Rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication. The Photo Contest is subject to federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook or Instagram and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising and Photo Contest agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Photo Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Photo Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) any errors on the social media platforms that may prevent an individual from participating or receiving direct messages; (d) printing errors; (e) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (f) errors in the administration of the Photo Contest or the processing of posts; or (g) injury or damage to persons or property. You further agree that in any cause of action, in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorneys’ fees or other legal costs. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Photo Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in California. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Photo Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California.
- Winners: To request who has won the prize, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to insert address. Requests must be received within thirty (30) days of the end of the Entry Period.
- Sponsor: The Photo Contest is sponsored by Valley Fig Growers. The Photo Contest is not sponsored by, endorsed by, administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
Contacting Valley Fig Growers
You can contact us using the information below or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
postal address is:
Valley Fig Growers
2028 S. 3rd Street, Fresno, CA 93702
We can be reached by telephone at: 1-559-237-3893