This post has been brought to you by our friends at Bob’s Red Mill.
This New Year we’re partnering with our friends from Valley Fig Growers to bring you some smart & achievable meal prep tips, and amazing recipes.
During the month of January you’ll be seeing Valley Fig Growers’ Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Mission Dried Figs and our Organic Whole Wheat Flour or Organic Farro featured in some super tasty and prep-friendly recipes from several savvy food bloggers. Along with a recipe, they’ll be sharing their own meal prep tips and ideas about setting SMART goals.
We couldn’t wait to jump into the kitchen after we opened up a bag of California Mission Figs. Just like our Organic Whole Wheat Flour, they are a great source of dietary fiber and are also rich in potassium, iron, calcium, and antioxidants. Their balanced sweetness makes them perfect for baking, helping you reduce the added sugar without compromising on flavor (and they make amazing whole wheat muffins with figs!).
Whole Wheat Muffins with Figs
With just a quick prep, these mini muffins, featuring Organic Whole Wheat Flour and Organic Mission Figs, will be in the oven in less than 15 minutes and you’ll have all week to enjoy them. They are lightly sweetened, full of protein and fiber, and perfect for preventing those mid-morning moments of hanger.
Makes 16 mini muffins
Whole Wheat Muffins
- ¾ cup Bob’s Red Mill Organic Whole Wheat Flour
- ¼ cup Bob’s Red Mill Organic Rolled Oats
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup Orchard Choice California Mission Figs, chopped
- ½ cup Bob’s Red Mill Organic Rolled Oats
- 1 tablespoon Bob’s Red Mill Organic Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line or spray mini muffin tin. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, egg, and Greek yogurt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, then fold in California Figs.
- Divide batter evenly between 16 mini muffin cups.
- To make the streusel: mix together oats, flour, brown sugar and softened butter in a small bowl until crumbly. Spoon streusel atop muffin batter and bake for 13-15 minutes.