This post has been brought to you by our friends at Bob’s Red Mill.
This New Year we’re partnering with our friends from Valley Fig Growers to bring you some smart & achievable meal prep tips, amazing recipes, and just maybe – a prize pack to start you off on the right foot. Keep reading to learn more!
During the month of January you’ll be seeing Valley Fig Growers’ California Mission Dried Figs and our Organic Whole Wheat Flour or Organic Farro featured in some super tasty and prep-friendly recipes from several savvy food bloggers. Along with a recipe, they’ll be sharing their own meal prep tips and ideas about setting SMART goals.
We couldn’t wait to jump into the kitchen after we opened up a bag of California Mission Figs. Just like our Organic Whole Wheat Flour, they are a great source of dietary fiber and are also rich in potassium, iron, calcium, and antioxidants. Their balanced sweetness makes them perfect for baking, helping you reduce the added sugar without compromising on flavor (and they make amazing whole wheat muffins with figs!).
Whole Wheat Muffins with Figs
With just a quick prep, these mini muffins, featuring Organic Whole Wheat Flour and Organic Mission Figs, will be in the oven in less than 15 minutes and you’ll have all week to enjoy them. They are lightly sweetened, full of protein and fiber, and perfect for preventing those mid-morning moments of hanger.
Makes 16 mini muffins
Whole Wheat Muffins
- ¾ cup Bob’s Red Mill Organic Whole Wheat Flour
- ¼ cup Bob’s Red Mill Organic Rolled Oats
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice California Mission Figs, chopped
- ½ cup Bob’s Red Mill Organic Rolled Oats
- 1 tablespoon Bob’s Red Mill Organic Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line or spray mini muffin tin. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, egg, and Greek yogurt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, then fold in California Figs.
- Divide batter evenly between 16 mini muffin cups.
- To make the streusel: mix together oats, flour, brown sugar and softened butter in a small bowl until crumbly. Spoon streusel atop muffin batter and bake for 13-15 minutes.
Enter to Win
Ready and excited to dive into the New Year with new meal prep ideas and goals? You’ll be excited to hear – we’re partnering with Valley Fig Growers to give YOU the opportunity to win a stunning prize that will help you meet your goals.
HOW TO ENTER:
- On Instagram, follow @bobsredmill and @valleyfig
- Comment on this post with a meal prep tip and tag 2 friends so they can see your tip too!
WHAT YOU WIN:
- 1 bag of Bob’s Red Mill Organic Farro
- 1 bag of Bob’s Red Mill Organic Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 bag of Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice California Figlets
- 1 bag of Sun-Maid California Mission Figs
- 1 Food Journal from @thehandwritingclub
We will randomly select 2 winners (one from the @bobsredmill feed and one from the @valleyfig feed) and notify them on 01/08 at 4PM PST by private message. Good luck!
You can find both Bob’s Red Mill and Valley Fig Growers products across the US at your favorite grocery stores. Check the Store Locator on both of our websites to find where our products are sold.
To enter the giveaway you must be 18+ years and a US or Canada resident. This promotion is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram. Winner must respond within 3 days to winning direct message or will end up forfeiting their prize.