How do you make a campfire classic treat new? Add in crispy lavash and California Dried Figs! You will love this easy recipe and we envision backyard camp-outs or cozy nights in with s’mores happening in your home soon!
How to Get Crispy Lavash
Making lavash crispy is a simple matter of baking it at medium heat in the oven until the surface firms up for a crispety cracker that is excellent for s’mores and so much more—pizza, savory flatbreads, or to cut into strips for cheese plates and dips.
We teamed up on this s’more recipe with our friends, Atoria’s Family Bakery. Their lavash is a favorite ingredient of ours for pizzas, wraps and snacks. They are a family-run bakery that bakes clean label Lavash, Naan and Pita. Bread and family is their passion, an obsession passed on by their grandma Atoria, the face and heart of the company. Her Lavash recipe was their inspiration, and thanks to Atoria, bread means everything to them. It’s their passion, joy, and family tradition.
Don’t FIG-et the Fruit
For the s’mores, we are all in on Sun-Maid or Orchard Choice California Dried Golden Figs as they bring a delicate nutty sweetness paired with the marshmallows and honey drizzle. You could also use Sun-Maid or Orchard Choice Mission Dried Figs, since they are always such a hit with anything chocolatey.
Chock Full of Chocolate
We recommend dark chocolate chunks for the Fig S’mores on Crispy Lavash to balance the sweetness, but semi-sweet chunks or chips work great too.
Fig S’mores on Crispy Lavash
- 1 sheet lavash
- 12 marshmallows
- 6 Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Golden Dried Figs , stems removed + each fig cut in half
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Drizzle of honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the lavash into 12 (2-inch) squares.
- Bake the lavash squares for 8-10 minutes, or until crisp.
- Spread each marshmallow with a bit of honey and stick them onto the lavash squares.
- Roast the outside of the marshmallow using a torch, or broil until golden.
- Add half a fig and sprinkle on chocolate chunks on top of the toasty marshmallow.
- Drizzle with honey.