What is it about bubbling crust and melted cheese that makes us all weak in the knees? All you need to make curry pizza with figs a meal for weeknights or weekends are a few key ingredients.
Making pizza crust from scratch isn’t hard, you just need time. Or, you can make a rustic tart that’s similar to pizza but the dough doesn’t need rise and second rise time to be ready to bake. On the other hand, if you pick up a pound of refrigerated pizza dough, you are ready to go!
Then, you can turn your attention to toppings. Do you want a vegetarian pizza with Mediterranean flair of figs and feta? Or, perhaps shredded chicken with goat cheese pizza and figs are more your speed. But then again, can you say no to bacon and caramelized onions with figs on pizza? Most of the time, we are all in on tomato sauced pies, but sometimes you want something different.
Enter curry pizza with figs. This vegetarian pizza is topped with cauliflower, peas and slices of Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Golden Dried Figs. The figs MAKE this pizza, adding just enough sweetness that plays well with the slight spice from the curry and veggies.
Using Sukhi’s ready-to-go Madras curry sauce adds just the right amount of heat to pizza. Lemongrass, garlic, shallot, and spices for a tomato sauce with a bit of a playful bite. When it comes to pairing cheese with curry, we found shredded mozzarella tastes great. The curry sauce is a concentrated paste and all you need to do is whisk in some water to make it spreadable.
This is the kind of pizza that leans in on easy ingredients: refrigerated pizza dough, curry sauce, shredded mozzarella, and bagged Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Dried Figs. In fact, the thing that takes the longest is bringing the refrigerated pizza dough to room temperature, about 2 hours.
Have you ever tried curry pizza with figs?
Curry Pizza with Figs + Cauliflower
- 1 pound pizza dough store-bought & refrigerated
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup cauliflower florets cut into 1/4-inch slices lengthwise
- Dash kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons Sukhi’s Madras Curry Sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 3/4 cup Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Golden Dried Figs stemmed and cut crosswise
- 2 tablespoons frozen green peas defrosted
- Follow the instructions on the pizza dough regarding defrosting. If no dough directions exist, bring the dough to room temperature, about 2 hours, rubbed down with olive oil in a medium bowl.
- Once dough is ready, set an oven rack in the middle. Preheat oven to 450F and lightly oil the back of a half sheet pan. Set aside.
- Place a small skillet over medium low heat. Add oil and once shimmering, stir in cauliflower florets and a dash of salt. Cook until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Mix together curry sauce in a small bowl, whisking curry paste with water until smooth.
- Spread pizza dough over prepared sheet pan, nudging out from the middle and edges until dough is in a rectangle that covers the pan. Spoon on curry sauce, leaving a 1-inch border. Evenly sprinkle cheese over sauce. Tile figs and cauliflower around cheese. Sprinkle peas around cheese.
- Place sheet pan into the oven to bake for 15 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before slicing into 15 square pieces.